Adirondack Tent Camping
Upper St. Regis Lake
Adirondack Mountains, NY
Exclusive Lakeside Luxury Camping in the Adirondack Mountains
On the shores of an isolated lake high above its own island complete with an authentic Adirondack lean-to, youll
discover the camping dream of a lifetime just inside the six million acre Adirondack State Park in northern New
A 24 circular yurt (tent) balances with subtle grace on its promontory overlooking Upper St. Regis
Lake. Beach your canoe and take the short path up to your weeks home with panoramic view. You'll find your
gear waiting on the deck when you arrive.
TOPRIDGE OVERLOOK at Island Bridge: Modern interpretations of this nomadic home from Asia — the yurt
-- have been modernized to be more comfortable than in Genghis Khan's day. The perspective from a cozy bed under
a skylight on a rainy Adirondack morning can be savored the more knowing you needn't get soaked trying to start
the fire for a soggy breakfast:
- 24 foot waterproof circular tent with rugs on a wooden floor
- Screened 250° view from inside with easy clear plastic window option
- Double doors open to spacious, rustic deck with charcoal grill
- A high domed skylight over a luxurious queen bed
- Fully electric with water, hot plate, refrigerator-freezer
- Furnished custom kitchen, pull-out queen couch, and ample living areas
- Separate bathhouse entered directly from deck — shower/commode
- Wi-Fi access and radio with CD player
- Private swimming/canoe dock on picnic island w/authentic lean-to and open firepit
- Plus a view to write home about and a woods experience to take along home
These are not the only amenities of this unique lakeside camping scene. You can begin each day at the dining table, warm and dry, contentedly musing on the postcard panorama through four of the eight screened windows. Open the French doors leading to the deck overlook to catch the morning breeze off the lake.
From your chair you'll spy the wooded island just below with its bridge and path to the lean-to and campfire.
Pristine lake waters are deep enough for diving from the islands dock, and you will observe it to have sun
most of the day.
You might be planning the paddle adventure that covers three lakes and a river, in addition to a canoe portage
back the way you came in -- a rewarding, if rigorous, days outing. Maybe a quick early morning run up St.
Regis Mountain. Theres an antique fire tower perched on the very top that you can see from your comfortable
No climbing today, though, you’ve just remembered the book you tucked in your rucksack. There’s wood for the stove and a lamp by the chair. With your cup refilled and only a curved canvas wall gently moving between you and the elements … you are content.
THERE IS NO ROAD -- guests arrive and depart by motorboat along with their gear.
NOTE: We provide one canoe for your group. Bring your own Personal Flotation Device (PFD) for each person.
Cautions: This camping adventure is not suitable for children. All campfires on the island must have onsite supervision at all times. Controlled dogs will be welcome for a $100 fee per pet limited to 2 medium-sized animals.
If you're interested in renting the yurt or Ted's Cabin for your Adirondacks vacation, please contact Lynn and
Jim Cameron at (518) 327-3470 or send email to us online and let us know what
dates you're interested in.
Reservations & Pricing
- Shoulder seasons - $950.00 - $1500.00 for two
- High season July-August - $1850.00 for two
- 3rd-4th person - $150.00 each
Lynn & Jim Cameron
Home: (518) 327-3470